Thursday, November 30, 2023

Table Runner 3

My winter table runner wove up quickly and turned out well, I think.

Like table runner 2, it's reversible.


And it's complementary to the Blue Willow design.

Project Particulars:

  • Weave structure: Traditional crackle (overshot manner)
  • Pattern: "Scandinavian Favorite," treadling I from Marguerite Porter Davison's A Handweaver's Pattern Book
  • Yarns: 
    • warp and tabby weft: blue 8/2 cotton
    • pattern weft: white 6/2 cotton
  • Sett: 24 e.p.i.
  • Finished size: 13.5 by 40 inches including fringe
Notes and Observations:
  • Sett: I chose 24 e.p.i. based on sampling. Even though I tried for a hard beat,  I found that the motifs were elongated rather than square. I do like the density of the fabric, though.
  • Selvedges: are okay, but I'd like them to be neater. I need to become more consistent in switching from one shuttle to the other with each pick and how the threads overlay.
  • I'm ready to move on to something visually more interesting.
Table Runner 3 © November 2023

Related Posts

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It's beautiful and makes for a lovely table setting. I fulled my very first woven FO yesterday, and am hooked. Next I'm going to do a tabby rug to use up more of the free dyed wool I got. Eventually I'll do something more complicated, but for now just weaving is very satisfying, like spinning on a spindle.

Leigh said...

Michelle, that's so exciting! Weaving is a wonderful activity: meditative, creative, and useful. I'm looking forward to pictures on your blog!

Goatldi said...

The runner is so delightful! Excellent job.

Leigh said...

Goatldi, thank you!