Thursday, November 09, 2023

Table Runner 2: Blue Yarn Glitch

I wove my samples, made my choices, calculated how much royal blue crochet thread I'd need for warp and tabby, and then went out to buy it. Out of stock. Rats. Now what? 

I debated for a few minutes and then made a trip to the fiber arts store. I already knew they didn't have navy blue in 10/2, and discovered they didn't have royal blue either. The only blue they did have in 10/2 was a light periwinkle, which just wouldn't work. But I knew from my samples that the difference between the 10/2 and 8/2 was negligible in terms of the pattern. So, I took a look at their selection of 8/2s in blue, of which there were several choices. No royal blue, but I found this . . .

Brassard 8/2 cotton in "Jeans" blue (4271)

It's similar in value to the royal blue, so I think there will be good contrast with the pattern yarn. And while I'm pretty sure my daughter would have loved the runner with royal blue, it isn't in her decor color scheme. Their walls are a warm green and her drapes have more of a teal blue in them, so I think this color will be a better fit for her home. Here it is with my pattern yarn . . .

Warp & tabby: Brassard 8/2 cotton in "Jeans" blue
Pattern weft: Holly Bee 5/2 cotton in "Apple Green"

This color combination feels so much better to me. I can't wait to start warping and weaving.

Isn't it curious how this project evolved through a series of unexpected circumstances? And, I think, all for the better.


Related Posts

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Those two colors are very pleasing together!

Leigh said...

Michelle, I think so too! It's always the color that makes me happy. :)

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Well, heck. Adapt and overcome!

Leigh said...

And all for the better!