Friday, November 24, 2023

And One For Me

After finishing my two table runners, I decided to weave a third table runner for myself, one that I can tie onto my last warp. The weave structure is crackle, and the color scheme is blue and white, inspired from my Blue Willow dishes.

My autumn table runner was one of my very first weaving projects and predates my blog.

The weave pattern is still Scandinavian Favorite, so named because it's found in many old Swedish weaving books. I'm using a different treadling than my last table runner, however.

Warp & tabby weft are blue 8/2 cotton
Pattern weft is white 6/2 cotton

Could they pass for snowflakes? Probably not, but I'll be happy to have it anyway. After years of using the dining room to store furniture and boxes while we renovated other parts of the house, I've finally cleared it out and can use it as a dining room again. I've been wanting to weave more for the home, and this is a good start. Maybe one of these days I'll tackle weaving fabric for new dining room drapes. Crackle would be a good one for that, I'm thinking. 

And One For Me © Nov. 2023

Related Post

7 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Leigh, maybe they are little while flowers blooming in the depths of Winter.

Michelle said...

Very pretty!

Leigh said...

TB, white flowers! I like that. :)

Michelle, thank you!

Goatldi said...

They could be snowflakes. I think it is lovely in design and color influence. A amazingly well thought out project!

Leigh said...

Goatldi, thank you! Although now, I'm wondering if I should have chosen a Christmas theme instead. I've been thinking about weaving runners in one of the tree designs, and then sewing on sequins as ornaments. Maybe that will be next year's gifts project.

Scandinavian Favorite is an appealing design. I have found a couple of other treadlings online, although I'll probably save those for the future. :)

Valerie said...

Lovely! I hope you get a little spark of joy every time your eye catches that handwoven runner on your table....or when your hands reach for one of those handwoven towels.

That is what keeps me weaving.

Leigh said...

Valerie, I truly do! I agree there is something wonderfully satisfying about it; both the process and the end result.