Monday, November 13, 2023

Table Runner 2: Problem Solved & Weaving Resumed

I closed my last post with a dilemma and a question. I finally decided to go ahead and unweave the start I'd made so I could remove the visually "offending" section of warp.

As you can see, I fixed the asymmetry somewhat! Now, the crosses look balanced on the edges, but they are offset. That was a "drat" realization at first, but I let it go and really, I can live with it.

Project particulars:
  • Structure - crackle in overshot manner
  • Warp & tabby weft - 8/2 unmercerized cotton in teal blue
  • Pattern weft - 5/2 mercerized cotton in apple green
  • Sett - 24 e.p.i.
  • Picks per inch - 24 p.p.i.
  • Number of warp ends - 340
  • Draft - "Scandinavian Favorite," treadling II from A Handweaver's Pattern Book by Marguerite Porter Davison

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Much better!

Michelle said...

I don't know that I would have realized the edge crosses were offset; it is visually pleasing!

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

It looks great Leigh! That said, I probably would have lived with it. For better or worse, I often live in the "good enough" camp.

Leigh said...

Thank you everyone! Your kind words are very encouraging. :)