Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Twill Gamp Threading


My dishtowel gamp will have seven sections which rotate three colors and four twill threadings.

straight twill

point twill

rosepath

broken twill

There are many other possibilities, but these are the four explored in The Weaving Book, which is what I'm using for this exercise. Because I have seven sections and four threadings, one of these can only be used once. I used the straight twill threading for my sampler, so that's the one I'll use only once. 

I didn't draw the entire threading plan, (with 374 little squares) because I think I can keep track of it with a simple list.

From the front, left to right:

dark turquoise - point twill
light turquoise - rosepath
yellow - broken twill
dark turquoise - straight twill
light turquoise - point twill
yellow - rosepath
dark turquoise - broken twill

The blue ends are threaded straight 1, 2, 3, 4.


Related posts:

No comments: