Thursday, April 04, 2024

Cottage Windows (Variation H) Crackle Table Runner



Weaving Notes & Observations

  • I wasn't able to weave through all 15 rows of the window motif because my blocks were longer than I originally planned. I wove 11 before I ran out of warp, still rotating my pattern and tabby weft colors so that each block varies subtly. (Diagram of my plan in this post).
  • I wet finished in warm water and Dawn original. The water turned purple! 1st cool water rinse was pale pink, second was clear. I'm assuming either the purple or burgundy yarn bleeds.
  • Overall, color variation between blocks are subtle.
  • Even though these aren't colors I ordinarily choose, I really like the way this turned out. 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

It's very attractive, and could be used with lots of different home decor color schemes!

Leigh said...

Michelle, thanks! It's made me realize that perhaps I'm a bit too narrow in my color choices when weaving for home. It still has my dining room colors (blues and gold), but the other colors add an eye-catching zing. I'm going to have to do this with color more often!

Valerie said...

Bravo! what a wonderful study of color interaction and weave structure!

Leigh said...

Valerie, thank you! I'm learning that it pays to be a bit daring with color sometimes. :)

Alice said...

This is a beauty.

Leigh said...

Alice, thank you!