Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Reeds For My Table Loom

Last month I was wishing I had some different size reeds, and my dear friend Terry came to the rescue. Terry was the previous owner of my table loom and I'm weaving again because of her! When she managed to rummage up two new sizes to fit it, I was thrilled beyond words. 

8 dents per inch and 12 dents per inch

So, now I have three reeds in different sizes: 8, 10, and 12. The 10 and 12 are probably the most common sizes, with 8 next. Lots of threading possibilities now!

Not much fiber blogging because I'm still working away on my mending pile. I'm gradually getting seams and waistbands repaired, holes mended, and jacket zippers replaced. Being utilitarian mending, none of it seems blog worthy. I have good audiobooks to listen to and am making good progress on my pile. The new reeds are giving me a bit of a boost to get it all done! You can bet I'm going to be planning a new project as I work to finish that mending pile. :)

2 comments:

Goatldi said...

My word I feel I just was promoted to Sainthood. ;-)

Actually I have no idea why this thought didn't occur to me when we were so involved in the logistics of getting your loom to you without breaking the bank! I am so happy that you now have a matched set to go with that loom. I will most certainly anticipate the avalanche of fiber art you will create while burning the midnight oil!

You have most certainly encouraged me to get back in the swing of weaving. I am hoping to finish warping my 32 inch weaving width Ashford rigid heddle loom with bright yellow shades and natural to create some kitchen towels as a house warming gift for Aubrey my oldest granddaughter. She will move into an apartment not too far from her parents home in a few weeks.She launched a job as an Ultrasound Technician in July with the infamous Valley Children Hospital serving the San Joaquin Valley in California. Can't believe the grand girls are that old already!

Leigh said...

Goatldi, you're a saint in my book! And I'm glad you're getting back into weaving as well. Does this mean we can expect a few new blog posts. :)

I definitely want to try one of the new reeds next, probably the 12 and probably another crackle project. I'm toying with the idea of weaving drapery fabric for my dining room and need to make some samples.

Yes, the grandkids grow up really quick - faster than their parents it seems. I imagine Aubrey is really excited about getting a place of her own. Handwoven towels make a great gift!