Monday, January 01, 2024

Tablet Woven Hat Band

There's been no weaving going on during the last days of December, with all the holiday and family activities. But I did one project that had been on my mind for awhile - a hat band from one of my tablet weaving samples

I haven't done any tablet weaving since I started weaving Christmas gifts last September, so it's been awhile. I've only woven about half-a-dozen sample bands, all fairly short and each with at least one beginner mistake. Even so, I've been wanting to do something with them. I found the hat at a thrift store and thought it would be perfect for a tablet woven hat band.

The band I chose was my Ladoga band. It was longer than I needed, so I unwove both ends until it fit the hat, keeping the weft yarn long. With those loose ends I made a twisted fringe. I used the weft thread to wrap around the two bunches of fringe to tie them together, and lastly poked yarn through the band and hat to tie off on the inside. 

The band fits the hat snugly enough that I didn't need to sew or glue it down. With only one tie down, it easily could be removed and replaced if I wish.

I don't know that I will wish, however, because I like it as it is. I like wearing hats and this one will be nice to shade my eyes when I'm out and around the town.


Related Posts

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It's PERFECT!

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

I quite like the colors Leigh.

Leigh said...

Thanks Michelle! I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Leigh said...

TB, there wasn't a lot of color choice with this particular brand of yarn, so color choices were limited. Thankfully, I like them! And I like how it turned out.