Thursday, January 04, 2024

January is Mending Month

Mending is on my winter project list, and I have a lot of it. So, I thought it would be a good idea to make it my priority to tackle the pile this month, rather than keep on letting it get bigger and bigger. I set aside my creative projects so that I can get it done. 

Most of the mending is for our everyday chore clothes. Our lifestyle is rough on clothing, and I don't mind getting as much out of it as we can before replacing it. By the time we're done with a garment, it can only serve for the rag box. So, most of it will plain mending: ripped seams, holes to patch, and a few waistbands to repair. I need to replace some zippers on a couple of jackets, and I have handknit socks to darn. Needful stuff.

My reward for finishing the pile will be a new project on my loom! I have a lot of ideas and haven't quite decided exactly what that will be; maybe a rag rug for the bathroom. But deciding what to do will be fun to think about as I work my way through my mending pile. 


Related Posts

No comments: