Thursday, December 07, 2023

3rd Time's a Charm (i.e. Scarf Start #3)

 So, after re-sleying my scarf, I decided I didn't like that one either. 'This,' I argued with myself, 'is what you get for thinking you could save time by not making samples.' Not wanting to re-sley again, I decided to consult my crackle manners of weaving blog post and choose something else. In the end, I decided on plain weave, which is not the least bit spectacular with crackle threading. Maybe it's for the best, however, in case I didn't like a third experiment.

The recipient will be none the wiser, and I think plaids are rather classic looking, which will suit the recipient. Plus, it's weaving up quickly, with no changing liftplan to keep track of. I just have to make sure the squares are square. I'll save my ideas and experiments for something future.

2 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

I think this looks great, Leigh. I do like plaids and the colours compliment each other nicely.

Leigh said...

Thanks TB! I'm a fan of plaids too. Plus, they are easy and fun to weave.