Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Gray Plaid Scarf

After I finished the red plaid scarf, I tied on another warp to weave a second, substituting gray for the red with a different brand of low-pill yarn.



Project Particulars:
  • Yarn: Mainstays Anti-pill acrylic
  • Structure: plain weave
  • Sett: 8 e.p.i.
  • Picks per inch: 8
  • Width in reed: 8 inches
  • Finished width: 7 inches
  • Woven length on loom: 70.5 inches
  • Finished length (excluding fringe): 64 inches 

Weaving Notes and Observations:
  • Sleying 8 e.p.i. on my 10-dent reed (1-1-1-0) worked well.
  • The scarf fabrics are firm but nicely so.
  • The only problem with tying on with this weight yarn was that it was difficult to get the knots through the reed.
  • The second (gray) scarf wove up much more quickly than the first. Probably because we had two days of non-stop rain, so there was no temptation to go outside unless necessary.
  • I was able to listen to Life of Alfred the Great by Bishop Asser of Sherborne and start on The Innocence of Father Brown by G. K. Chesterton.
  • Side note: I discovered that the LibriVox audiobooks at Internet Archive will automatically continue chapter by chapter. Chapters at the LibriVox website must be opened individually.

That wraps up my Christmas gift weaving. Now I can move on to some house projects I have in mind.

2 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

Again, gorgeous Leigh.

To be fair, I like anything plaid, so I may not be the most neutral of observers.

Leigh said...

TB, I like plaid too, so there's that. It seems to be a classic, as it's always around somewhere.