Sunday, June 23, 2024

Progress on the Dornik Herringbone Throw Rug

I haven't mentioned much about this weaving project because it looks pretty much the same as it did before. It's getting longer, but the pattern doesn't change, so it always looks the same.

Dornik herringbone throw rug on the loom.

The progress can be seen on the cloth beam.


I'm definitely no speed weaver, but I've developed a nice rhythm, so progress is being made. I'm aiming for a woven on-loom length of about 72 inches. In the above photo, I've woven 54 inches. It's a few inches longer as I go to publish this post.

Until I get better lighting set up, I can only weave on this loom during the day. That's when I get good light from the windows. June is a very busy month, so weaving is just half an hour here and there. But it makes for a wonderful break and it's enough to make progress.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That's going to be a handsome rug!

Leigh said...

Michelle, I hope so! It's for the doorway into my new loom room. :)

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

That looks like great progress Leigh. Congratulations!

Leigh said...

TB, thanks! It's a wonderful way to relax and re-center.