Saturday, October 21, 2023

A Find For Keeping Track of Length

I used to use twill tape to keep track of the length I had woven and how much further I needed to go. I'd make a mark at the beginning point and a mark at the length I needed. When I got to that second mark, I knew it was time to finish off. A tape measure would have been better, but I've never found one that wasn't made of plastic, which is difficult to pin to the fabric. 

Not too long ago I was at Hobby Lobby and found this.


It's cloth ribbon with a printed ruler motif. The numbers only go up to 10, which actually works out pretty well. I added a "1" to the second set numbers, then a "2" to the next set, and so on. The length of the ribbon is 5 yards.


It's easy to pin as I weave. I unpin it at the bottom as I wind the fabric onto the cloth beam. It was inexpensive, and Hobby Lobby puts ribbon on discount pretty regularly. I'm guessing it can be found elsewhere as well.

No comments: