Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Like Christmas in May

My dear friend and weaving enabler Goatldi (from New Life on the Farm New Beginnings blog), told me she was doing some clean up of her yarn stash - would I be interested in anything? I said, surprise me! Yesterday, all this arrived . . .

Colors and sizes that will enhance my stash!

ALSO, in the box I found this . . .


Some of her gorgeous homegrown Shetland roving. It is sooo soft. Just luscious. 

Now, I'm anxious to dust off one of my two spinning wheels. The bobbins for the Kromski are all full, but I rummaged around and found two empties for my Ashford Traditional. So I'm going to need to tune it up and give it a spin. I wonder if spinning is like riding a bicycle? Something one never forgets?


Related post

4 comments:

Michelle said...

What a bounty!!! And yes, I think spinning is like riding a bicycle.

Leigh said...

Michelle, I hope so! At least I'm going to find out soon. :)

Goatldi said...

Thank you for the thank you! As the "Potwench" queen bee of Sheep Thrills said "We aim to be first class enablers".

I passed on your happy note to Peter and Paul while blushing and scuffing their hooves in an "ah shucks it weren't nuthin!"

Leigh said...

LOL, success!