Thursday, March 14, 2024

The Winning Color Combination Is . . .

Of the seven possible color combinations I showed you in my I'm Stuck in a Color Rut post, the winner is . . . . . . . . . . . . . None of the above! 

Warp: burgundy, royal blue, purple, forest green, navy blue
Weft: light turquoise, goldenrod, and warm pink

I finally settled on five warp colors because when I worked on warp color arrangement in my notebook, I calculated five warp sections for the desired width and decided I wanted each one a different color. The is mostly because whenever I think of color sections, I think of color sequences. Three colors for five warp sections meant two colors would be repeated and one used only once. Rather than try to figure out which is which, I decided on a separate color for each. In keeping with my idea to use darker colors for the warp, what you see in the photo were my best options. 

The three lighter colors will be for pattern weft, and I like the way these rotate. The blocks for the windows alternate, so my exact color repeat for the weft will be every six sections. I know that doesn't make sense, so I'm going to toss this screenshot up, which I doubt will help. 

Click to enlarge. For some reason, screenshots of WeaveDesign
screens are always pale. Darkening them just changes the colors.

That's basically one color repeat. Every repeat of a new weft color alternates the colors of the windows and background. 

Okay. Enough nonsensical rambling. Hopefully, I'll have some weaving to show you soon. I'm slow getting the loom warped because the days are so lovely and there are so many seasonal chores to do. I always get in some time at the loom after dinner though. 

No comments: