This year's summer sock knitting has come to an end and just in time for cooler weather too. These are knitted from a 50/50 wool/nylon blend that I found in my stash. The brand name escapes me at the moment, probably because they weren't specifically sock yarns. I used US1 double pointed needles.
As you can see, my favorite toe-up sock toe fits me very well. This may have more to do with the shape of my toes than the pattern, but either way is fine with me.
Also, the short row heel I'm not too sure about fits nicely too, when all is said and done. You can also see that I put my yarn changes on the bottom. Some may argue that this isn't the most comfortable option, but I like it because it puts the most unsightly part of the sock out of sight.
I did receive a lot of helpful comments and suggestions about sock heels in my last post. Thank you all! I definitely plan to try some of these out, though it may not be until next summer.
Now all I have left is to weave in the squillion or so yarn ends!
Gallery Photos: Socks
What I Did With All Those Yarn Ends