My experiment using (commercial) space dyed yarns in both warp and weft is off the loom and finished.
- Yarn: Red Heart TLC, worsted weight acrylic knitting yarn
- Structure: plain weave
- Warp ends: 360
- Sett: 8 epi
- Picks Per Inch: 8
- Width on loom: 45 inches
- Length on loom: didn't measure
- Width after finishing: 39 inches
- Wet finishing: soak in warm water for about an hour, then machine wash and dry with a load of towels. A dryer sheet helped soften the hand nicely.
- Edge finishing: machine zig zagged cut edges, then single crochet around entire blanket.
- Finished size: 39 by 43 inches
It was what I call fun weaving, fast weaving and entertaining. It's also been a reminder of how much I love working with color, and this is something I don't intend to forget as I move on to the next project.
Posted 4 Oct. 2008 at http://leighsfiberjournal.blogspot.com
Space Dyed Yarns & Plain Weave
Good Ol' Plain Weave