After losing my last warp, I decided to make the best of it and make a few changes with a new warp. My first set of huck dish towels proved to be smaller than I'd planned after shrinkage, so I increased the warp ends to 400.
Also, since I am still fine tuning my back to front warping, I decided to secure the lease sticks to the raddle, to keep them in place while weaving.
I don't know yet whether or not this is a good idea. I've tried weaving without the lease sticks, which can be a nuisance if I break a thread, or want to tie onto that particular warp. I've also used some narrow dowel rods in place of the lease sticks while I wove, these being free floating so to speak, so that they worked their way toward the castle as I beat the weft shots in. I would have to push them back every time I advanced the warp. I usually don't leave the raddle in, but this seemed to be the best way to secure the lease sticks. Time will tell.
I also discovered a threading error as I was weaving my header.
It doesn't seem to matter how carefully I check the warp as I thread, I often end up with a threading mistake anyway. In the past I'd have untied the whole thing in order to correct the mistake, then having to re-tied and re-tension. This time I didn't feel like doing that.
So I isolated the erroneously threaded ends and cut them.
Needle wove them back through the header in the proper spot......
...... and secured them with a t-pin. This has worked very well! After I wove the first few inches, I removed the t-pin and the ends were secure.
Of course, I'm sure I'm not the first weaver to do this. In problem solving there are usually only so many reasonable solutions. As long as I can find at least one of them I'm happy.