On the knitting front, I am still diligently working on my Rare Breed Sweater. I am about 2/3 along with the second sleeve. However, since it (hopefully) won't look any different than the first sleeve, there isn't much to show for it.
In random bits of time, I am still slowly working through Iris Schreier's Modular Knits, which I started working on back here. I decided to work through all the exercises in the book along with a few projects, my ultimate goal being the Diamond Panel Vest on page 109.
My first project has been the Patchwork Eyeglass Case on page 22. I was a bit puzzled and stumped at first, until it occurred to me to check for errata for this book. I found a very handy list of corrections at Artyarns.
In experimenting, it seems to me that this technique is a perfect use of space dyed yarns. So I'm thinking about handpainted yarns for that vest.
My first patchwork square of variegated yarn:
And a completed eyeglass case:
Not quite as elegant as the one in the book, but then I didn't knit mine out of silk. I used Bernat acrylic and polyester yarns. I wasnt' too sure about the crochet edge of eyelash yarn, but was pleased that it hid any irregularities of my knitted edges.
Next up, knitting triangles.