Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Expanding Multiple Tabby Weave Blocks

By Leigh

I've spent two posts discussing trying to calculate sett without saying much about the other project details.

What I'm working on, is another multiple tabby weaves experiment, also from Dr. Bateman's book. So far I've only threaded all three plain weave possibilities in alternating blocks, but this next experiment is based on expanding these blocks.

The blocks are expanded to five threads by repeating the first thread. So that,



and


In addition, these blocks can be flipped to create more possibilities. The threading draft I'm using is found on page 48 of Dr. Bateman's book.


I'm also planning to try the weftings found in this section as well. How far along am I at the moment? This far.........



Related posts:
Multiple Tabby Weaves
MTW Weaving Update At Last - how this warp is weaving up
Expanded Multiple Tabby Weave Samples - the finished samples

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I love tabby and look forward to seeing how this threading is going to look - hope your pictures will let us see the pattern.

Jackie said...

I can't wait to see how this set turns out!

Charleen said...

I'm really interested in this thread (no pun intended!). I'm winding an extra 1.5 yds for the 2/2 twill I'm putting on. I want to sample with tieups and weft sizes.

Peg in South Carolina said...

This is getting interesting!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! It's looking like a rosepath variation -- very cool!

bspinner said...

I'm looking forward to seeing how this project turns out.