Friday, March 02, 2007

Finishing Up the Huck (For Now)

My goal for this weekend is to weave off the huck dish towel warp which is on my loom. The Online Guild is doing a Summer and Winter Weaving Workshop this month, and I want to participate in it. So it is with some reluctance, that I leave my huck and lace weaving experiments aside for the moment.

One of the huck dish towels on Leigh's loom.All these photos are of work still on the loom, so I have yet to discover how they look after finishing. The fabric washing is one of the delights of weaving huck; it transforms it!

Another treadling.I'm weaving from The Best of Weaver's Huck Lace. I used a dark green warp and golden yellow weft in the above two. In the one below, I used both yellow and green weft shots to see how the 'boxes' would look in one color.

I had actually intended to get a lot more weaving done this month, but February turned out to be a 'catch-up' month, and I've spent a lot of time at the computer.

One thing which needed to be done was an update to the Online Guild's public website. This is finished and will be uploaded soon.

The other thing was organizing a Study Group as a continuation of the Computer Design Workshop. We finally decided to do this with a private group blog, which was something new for me. It's proving to be an excellent format for this group however.

So, off I go to my loom. Even though my intentions are good, I think I work better with externally imposed goals. What would I do without them.

© 2007 Leigh's Fiber Journal

5 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Thanks for the picture help. I also figured out that if I post and then go edit it, I can move the picture to where I want it. a pain, but it will do for now.

I told a friend of mine about your rare breed sweater...she raises goats (neubian) but wanted to see the sweater...so I'll send her your link. I should probably explain about your helper. ;o)

Kathy said...

Just beautiful, Leigh! You've inspired me and I thank you for that.

Sharon said...

I wish I could make me go weave, but alas, I am seduced to sit`a`minute and knit. Push come to shove, I guess the truth is that I'd rather use my at-home time to knit. I wish I would have realized that before I bought my looms - gleep.

Kathy said...

I hope you get a "kick-back" from Amazon for book promotions, Leigh! I just ordered one! Your towels have inspired me!

Jackie said...

Nice towels! Makes me want to put on a warp for some huck towels. Have fun with your workshop!
And I know what you mean about external deadlines. Much easier to get things done when someone else is saying that you need to finish.