I have finished spinning two more colors from my Procion MX cotton lint dye experiments. The dime in each photo reflected the flash, which is annoying, but the yarn colors are pretty accurate, so I decided I could live with the dime.
Thirteen in all, each roughly 100 grams each. I still have more dyed cotton lint to spin, mostly from the Procion MX exhaust experiments. However, I'm ready to get back to some winter type projects such as knitting on my Shetland Sampler Cardi, and combing and spinning the Polwarth/Alpaca blend.
I've been toying with the possibility of weaving with my cotton yarns, but nothing concrete is in my mind yet. For now, they will be lovingly stored away, but be assured that an idea for them will be slowly percolating in my mind.
Posted 31 Oct. 2008 at http://leighsfiberjournal.blogspot.com
Summery of Procion MX Dye Experiments
Spinning Cotton Lint - a how to
More On Cotton Spinning - Readers' Q & A