Monday, October 24, 2011

Baby Sweater

I have been a very bad fiber blogger. But, I have finally completed something!


This is for my first grandchild, who is now 6 months old. Details on this post. I admit I wasn't in a terribly big hurry to get it done. The pattern was a 6 to 12 month size, and the weather timing hopefully works out so that it will fit.

What's next? Well, maybe some rag rugs. We've begun our kitchen remodel and I already have the dishtowels (here and here). What I'll need is upholstery fabric for the chairs and rag rugs for the floors.

How soon will I get to it? Who knows, my studio is currently stuffed with boxes full of kitchen stuff. Ah, the joys of remodeling.

Baby Sweater © 24 October 2011 by Leigh at Leigh's Fiber Journal

8 comments:

bspinner said...

I am looking forward to your grandchild modeling your sweater!!! Sweater is beautiful!

Sharon said...

Warning. Rag rugs are the ultimate seduction and addiction. Then you'll be making placemats and then you'll be giving the for Christmas presents. And then you'll have to make more. Check Goodwill for sheets for "rags."

Leigh said...

Barb thanks! All we need here is some cooler weather, and we're in sweater business. :)

Sharon, LOL. Whenever I think of rag rugs I think of you. Good idea about Goodwill. I had forgotten about placemats; I'll need plenty of those too!

cyndy said...

Good to see you are still posting!

Perfect time to finish..sweaters are always cozy this time of year!

Leigh said...

Cyndy yes, I'm still here! Most of my blogging happens at my homestead blog. I think until we get fairly well established over there, it's going to overshadow most of my time.

Peg in South Carolina said...

I am apparently following in your blogging footsteps.......(grin!). The sweater is lovely. I made 2 sweaters a year for our grandson (who is now 4--he loves them now but give him a few years.....!). My sweaters are very simple raglan knit from the top in one piece affairs. Yours is an heirloom!

Leigh said...

Peg, so good to hear from you. As you can see, I'm not any better at my follow-up comments. :p

Thank you for your kind words. I'll have to pull out my childrens raglan sweater patterns. Sounds like an easy, quick knit up for a growing little one.

Unknown said...

Hi ,
Can you post some baby sweaters which are best for baby skins and are not such rough wools which make the skins of our babies rough ?