Well, I couldn't stand it anymore. My blog template was driving me nuts by randomly omitting the template graphics and spontaneously reformatting itself. So I started with a brand new template, tweaked it and customized it. I don't know what it looks like on anyone else's computer, but at the moment it looks okay on mine. Of course web browsers are notorious for interpreting html codes anyway they feel like. Blogger recommends Firefox, which I've used for years. However, if anything looks off center or otherwise odd, please let me know.
Anyway, remember these Summer & Winter dishtowels? One of them had a treadling error in it. This would have been fine for a dishtowel for me, but I happened to find some 12 by 16 inch pillow inserts at the craft store and thought that some of the dishtowels might make nice cushion fronts. So I made this:
The colors always struck me as being better suited to upholstery anyway. It was woven with 8/2's unmercerized cotton, and so made a nice, sturdy fabric. The back is a commercial navy blue fabric.
The only thing I wasn't happy with was the corners. The commercial pillow form's own stuffing wanted to stay bunched in the center of the pillow rather than fill out to the corners. Oh well. Maybe next time I'll use loose polyfil and stuff it myself.
Summer & Winter: 2nd Dishtowels
Summer & Winter: Experimenting with Multicolored Warp
"Fiber in the Mountains" Show