Monday, February 16, 2009

Speaking of Historical Weaving...

By Leigh

We've been having an interesting discussion on historical coverlets, but here is something of else of interest, especially for you Civil War buffs.

This first link is a video - Lost Art of Weaving Spanish Moss

The second is to the article itself, as published in the St. Petersburg Times - She Spins Spanish Moss Into Beautiful Blankets

I lived in Florida for about six months in 2005. If only I'd known!

Posted 16 Feb. 2009 at http://leighsfiberjournal.blogspot.com

Related Posts:
Spring Cleaning: Find #2

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a brave and talented lady! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really interesting! Did you notice how she beat the weft in? And the shuttle she was using? Seems like a very slow process.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it fascinating. If I still lived where there was Spanish Moss around, I would be trying this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Florida, and didn't even know, that's cool. Seems slow, but I love the blanket that was on the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't seem like 4 years ago that you lived in Florida - time flies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!