Monday, December 29, 2008

9 Reasons Why I Haven't Blogged in a Week

By Leigh

I thought I might borrow Sheepish Annie's "Bullet Post" idea to list all my excuses as to why I haven't posted for a whole week.

= Except for a little Pol-paca spinning, there's been almost no fiber or textile activity for a week.

= 3 days worth of Christmas cooking (including but not limited to): pepperoni bread & Christmas cookies (traditional Christmas Eve eats), mulled cider, crown roast of pork with cranberry/sausage stuffing, baked sweet potatoes & cinnamon butter, green bean casserole, homemade rolls, pumpkin pie & lemon meringue pie (both homemade), and my Grandmother's cinnamon apples.

= DH has been home all week (which always throws my schedule off)

= DD is packing up and getting ready to move to her own apartment with a girlfriend

= Consequently we've been moving everything out of storage, which we will no longer need once she vacates her room.

= I'm busy with preparations for DS's upcoming birthday.

= WNCF/H Guild business for 2009

= DH has decided he wants to design our dream house while he's home, and has delegated much of the dreaming and designing to me.

= Also delegated to me is searching the real estate listings for a place to do this.

So there you have it. Hopefully things will get back to normal around here soon.

Posted 29 Dec. 2008 at http://leighsfiberjournal.blogspot.com

Related Posts:
Absolutely none!

13 comments:

  1. I have a DH at home right now too and so you have my full sympathies and understanding.

    Your DH needs a j-o-b asap... or a honey-do jar.

    For your sanity alone!
    Stay strong...
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DH (or FH as he prefers)goes back to work tomorrow, but he's been home since Wednesday... I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list of festive food, I shall have to go and raid the shortbread tin in a moment in compensation.

    Re. dream home, given much of the dreaming and designing falls to you, I suggest you plan the weaving studio / fibre room (nice and big, large windows (on more than one side, or skylights) for natural lighting, dyeing & fleece washing facilties) and then arrange the rest of the home around the studio ;) Seriously, best of luck with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life does get in the way doesn't it! But the food sounds too good to miss out on by posting on a blog.
    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Leigh! It's almost 2009 and time for more weaving -- YAY!

    My beloved has also been home and will be until after the 1st. I love being able to spend so much time with him, he's my best built in everything. We're basically two peas in a pod. :)

    I do hear you about the away from fiber time though! I did manage to get a sample done for our Guild's newsletter that I'll post on my blog later today. Other than that, I've not set foot in the studio.

    We have a traditional Italian Christmas Eve dinner. Your pepperoni bread sounds right up our alley! Yum!

    Wishing you a lovely New Year and one with many more beautiful creations coming off your loom, from your needles, and from your wheel.

    Hugs,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. normally I'd drool about the cooking list - but right now I am too full to do more than just the basics in the kitchen:)) but if you're designing your new dream home - don't forget plenty of craft space for yourself! and good luck with the finding of a suitable place - if it all works out it might be worth not weaving for a few days:)) still - have a good start into the new year, however it turns out!
    take care, Bettina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bullet posts are ever so much easier sometimes, I find! Here's hoping that things revert back to normal soon and that the fibery fun can resume.

    Although a dream house does sound kinda nice...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could remember the name of the book I got from the library when we decided we were going to build our home. It wasn't about floor plans but about the design questions you need to ask yourselves before you commit to plans. Of course, lots depends on your lot and it's orientation to the sun. Anyway, I would recommend a trip to your library to see if they have something like that to get you started. It's because of that book that I chose to put on bedroom on the east side, away from our westerly winds. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hear ya about being busy, but it will die down soon.

    When Mr. Penney gets to the point where he wants me to dream up certain projects that he wants us to do, I ask him for ideas, stating that I am a better editor than I am a writer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your going to design your dream house. We have done that twice in the last three years. Its fun but alot of work and I don't think I will ever do it again.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Designing a dream home is lots of fun! Good luck with finding the perfect plot of land. I look forward to your adventures in this. If you have any questions, holler, I've built enough houses in my day to know where to save on $s. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm pleased to say that I've finished my bit for the house floor plans at the moment; a modest single story with walk-out basement. It's DH's turn to play now, though a lot of things can't be planned until we know the lay of the land.

    So, once I can finish up with some pressing Guild business, I can get back to what I really want to do - weave, knit, and spin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sinda says not to forget to put in a cat door... A new house - what fun. Happy New Year. T.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!