Wednesday, September 10, 2008

1. Creating a Delcious.com Account

By Leigh

[This series started here]

Delicious.com is a free, social bookmarking site. It lets you bookmark anything you find on the internet, and lets you organize your bookmarks.

Since my index was for my blog, I registered an account in my blog title, "leighsfiberjournal." With that account, I tag only my own blog posts, which is necessary for my index. It would get confusing if I included other blogs and websites on it. I have another account for posts and articles I find elsewhere on the web.

Start by clicking here, then click on "Join Now" in the upper right hand corner of the Delicious.com home page. Follow the steps to create your account.

At some point it in the registration process, it should ask you if you want to place icons on your browser tool bar. Tell it yes. It may automatically do this, but I think I had to choose this option (it's been awhile). If not, go here for help to add them. They are helpful because they make indexing your posts super easy.

Once you've completed the registration process, you're ready to go on to the next step ...... Tagging Your Blog Posts

Posted 10 Sept. 2008 at http://leighsfiberjournal.blogspot.com

Related Posts:
How to Make a Blog Index (Introduction)
2. Tagging Your Blog Posts
3. Making an Index in Your Sidebar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!