Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tagged By Sharon

I got tagged for this meme by Sharon. I'm usually a little shy about participating in these things, but here goes.

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?


I was just learning to spin on a drop spindle and saving up for my first spinning wheel. Most of my time was taken up with homeschooling and the garden, but in the evenings I would crochet and spin.

2. What were five things on my to-do list today (not in any particular order)?

Start working on that Polwarth
Finish measuring the warp for my napkins
Start warping the loom
Bake bread
Finish cleaning out the closet

3. What snacks do I enjoy?

To be honest, I really don't snack much. If I do, it'll be an apple (out of duty, not enjoyment) or popcorn. I used to love a cup of coffee with the whole wheat graham crackers I used to buy through our food co-op, but that was before we moved here. I do like a bedtime snack of a small bowl of raisin bran and yogurt (homemade, not too sweet.)

4. Where are some places I've lived?

Illinois (grew up in Chicago suburbs); Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina (but not in that order).

5. What things would I do if I were a billionaire?

Well, a billion dollars seems like a bit much, but what I'd really like to do if I could afford it, is to buy a farm. And I'd have a garden (one for vegetables and one for herbs), and an orchard and goats and chickens and rabbits. And I'd get sheep. Shetlands (surprised??? ;) And alpacas. Since it would be paid off, DH wouldn't have to work much, so he could stay home and build his log cabin. I'd also really like to set up an anonymous scholarship fund at the university my kids are attending. There are also a couple of non-profit ministries we like to donate to, so they'd be on my list. Then too, DH would probably want a new pick up truck.

OK. Here comes the part I'm not good at; tagging other folks. However, if you've managed to hang in there until the end of this post, consider yourself tagged.

And, speaking of "me," we just got back from a short trip. If you're interested in that sort of thing, you can read about it on the Rascal Report.

6 comments:

  1. I had to report about a field trip we took with our homeschooling group to a Llama farm last tuesday. It was a lot of fun and the llamas were very sweet and soft. There was an eight day old baby there and a momma llama who was expecting to drop at any time (although probably not with all of us running around!)
    the owner said we could come up at anytime and get raw, uncleaned fiber for free. While she does some fiber projects (felting mostly) they have the llamas for showing. She gave each of the kids a sandwich sized zip-top bag full of fiber. DD hasn't done anything with hers yet.
    Another homeschooler went to a class on spinning and is going to teach us how to make our own spinning bobbins (I think that's what she called it!) she was using the back of a chair to spin. looked pretty cool. I don't think I'll get into spinning though...at least not now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I'm not to big on talking about myself but this was fun and yours was fun and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snacks???? But how do you deal with the hunger??? You must be one of those people who eats your lunch. I forget my lunch. So I snack...

    But I probably should be looking into one of those apples of which you speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have completely enjoyed this meme and all its threads that I have been bumping in to. The friends I have made through blogs seem to have a common thread, which can be bread even, but we seem to find each other without a "dating" type of software. What an interesting time it is we live in - and so hard to type about with a cat on my lap and laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading about you and I really loved your pictures of your little vacation - that wall is amazing! Glad you had a good time. Do the kitties like the fountain? T.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, I want a report on what your DD does with that llama!

    Bspinner, that's why I don't tag anyone when I do these things. Also, I usually try to get fiber in there somewhere!

    Annie, rest assured that I never forget lunch!

    Sharon, I admit that as much as I dread doing a meme, I agree about our little online community.

    Thank you Tina! Rascal refused to notice the fountain when we first set it up. But as soon as we weren't watching, he was drinking out of it. He's always loved drinking (or trying to drink) from running/dribbling water. But, like most other cats, something has to be "his" idea before he'll agree to it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!