Friday, December 07, 2007

Two Overdue Memes

I've been tagged for a couple of memes, but have been pretty slow getting around to them. Lots of bloggers have participated in both, but I've been procrastinating.

This first one is the Book Meme that went around during the month of October. Sharon tagged me for this one.

1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?


Hardcover because they last longer. Paperback because they cost less.

2. If I were to own a book shop, I would call it…

Paper Dreams

3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…

I've got two.

"Forgiveness is proof of love."
Beverly Lewis, The Brethern

"No animal is a better judge of comfort than a cat...."
James Herriot, All Creatures Great and Small

4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be…

Hmm. C. S. Lewis, I think.

5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be…

The Bible.

6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that…

...kept track of all my books (and magazine articles) by osmosis with no input from me.

7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…

...my Grandmother's house. It was full of lovely old things including books. One of my favorite childhood memories is sitting in a big arm chair with her while she read to me.

8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be…

Melanie Hamilton from Gone with the Wind. I don't guess she qualifies as the lead character, but she has a quality which I admire greatly; graciousness. She's been an inspiration to me to try and incorporate it into my own life.

9. The most overestimated book of all times is…

I have to agree with Valerie on this one; The DaVinci Code. I was amazed at how many folks didn't get that it was fiction.

10. I hate it when a book…

...gets so detailed and so complicated that I forgot what in the world is going on.

**********

The second meme is the Ye-Shall-Not-Break-Me Rules Meme. Jenn tagged me, and here is what this one is about:
* link to the person who tagged you
* post the rules
* name 8 things others don't know about you
* link to 8 other bloggers

1. I was once thrown out of a television station.

2. I didn't get my drivers license until I was 19.

3. I homeschooled my 2 kids for a total of 11 years.

4. The only reason I didn't fail college freshman chemistry was because the school closed down due to Viet Nam war protests.

5. Ever since I was a little girl I've had a secret desire to be a writer.

6. The highest scores on my high school career path test were in music and domestic arts.

7. My lowest scores were in sales and policework.

8. I've always been a non-conformist.

Now, true to my non-comformist self, I'm going to break the rules by copping out of naming anyone else to do these memes! :o Besides, I'm so late in responding that I'm sure they've already made the rounds, however, if you want to join in the fun, you are welcome to do so!

4 comments:

  1. I truly enjoyed reading your responses - very fun. Thanks!! Reading this, I'm reminded that my son in law told me once that I'm the most liberal person he knows, and I wonder how that could be since I didn't used to be. How odd is the test of time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your choice of Melanie! I always wondered how anybody would want to be a spoiled brat like Scarlett! though I personally wouldn't be as patient and unselfish as Melanie I suppose....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were fun! I like reading other's responses to the memes. But, I never tag anyone. I figure that if they want it, they are welcome to it!

    And I love the idea of being Melanie!!! I never thought of her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine you ever getting thrown out of anywhere!!

    PS...Your rare breed sweater is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!