This first one is the Book Meme that went around during the month of October. Sharon tagged me for this one.
1. Hardcover or paperback, and why?
Hardcover because they last longer. Paperback because they cost less.
2. If I were to own a book shop, I would call it…
3. My favorite quote from a book (mention the title) is…
I've got two.
"Forgiveness is proof of love."
Beverly Lewis, The Brethern
"No animal is a better judge of comfort than a cat...."
James Herriot, All Creatures Great and Small
4. The author (alive or deceased) I would love to have lunch with would be…
Hmm. C. S. Lewis, I think.
5. If I was going to a deserted island and could only bring one book, except for the SAS survival guide, it would be…
6. I would love someone to invent a bookish gadget that…
...kept track of all my books (and magazine articles) by osmosis with no input from me.
7. The smell of an old book reminds me of…
...my Grandmother's house. It was full of lovely old things including books. One of my favorite childhood memories is sitting in a big arm chair with her while she read to me.
8. If I could be the lead character in a book (mention the title), it would be…
Melanie Hamilton from Gone with the Wind. I don't guess she qualifies as the lead character, but she has a quality which I admire greatly; graciousness. She's been an inspiration to me to try and incorporate it into my own life.
9. The most overestimated book of all times is…
I have to agree with Valerie on this one; The DaVinci Code. I was amazed at how many folks didn't get that it was fiction.
10. I hate it when a book…
...gets so detailed and so complicated that I forgot what in the world is going on.
The second meme is the Ye-Shall-Not-Break-Me Rules Meme. Jenn tagged me, and here is what this one is about:
* link to the person who tagged you
* post the rules
* name 8 things others don't know about you
* link to 8 other bloggers
1. I was once thrown out of a television station.
2. I didn't get my drivers license until I was 19.
3. I homeschooled my 2 kids for a total of 11 years.
4. The only reason I didn't fail college freshman chemistry was because the school closed down due to Viet Nam war protests.
5. Ever since I was a little girl I've had a secret desire to be a writer.
6. The highest scores on my high school career path test were in music and domestic arts.
7. My lowest scores were in sales and policework.
8. I've always been a non-conformist.
Now, true to my non-comformist self, I'm going to break the rules by copping out of naming anyone else to do these memes! :o Besides, I'm so late in responding that I'm sure they've already made the rounds, however, if you want to join in the fun, you are welcome to do so!