Thursday, October 11, 2007

Nice Matters Award

The other day I visited One Thread Two Thread to discover that Jackie had named me as one of her seven blogger choices for the "Nice Matters" award. To double the honor, Cyndy of Riverrim nominated me too. And it is quite an honor, especially when one reads the description:

"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded, please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."

I thought that for my seven, I would recommend to you seven blogs that have the above qualities, but also have nice information as well.

The first two are weaving and dyeing blogs:

Peg's Talking About Weaving discusses not only weaving, but also design and creative inspiration. She dyes her own yarns and has some wonderfully informative posts on chemical dyeing as well.

Dot's Fibre to Fabric is another very helpful weaving blog. Dorothy has been a big encouragment to me as I've been learning my countermarche loom. She also does great book reviews and is a natural dyer as well.

Two spinning blogs that I like are:

Ask The Bellwether - Amelia's blog is chock full of informative and help with all sorts of spinning and spinning related topics, including a lot of "how to" posts.

Spinning Spider Jenny - Jeannine's is another exceptionally helpful spinning blog, loaded with tips and instructional posts.

My two recommendations for informative knitting blogs are:

TECHknitting - which is like having an online knitting encyclopedia (with excellent indexes). The instructions and illustrations are excellent.

Criminy Jickets. Actually I just found out about Dave's blog. It was recommended to me by Deep End of the Loom when I was wondering about the toe-up sock heels. I left a comment on Dave's blog and he immediately returned a visit to my blog, with lots of helpful information. How's that for nice! He has lots of helpful knitting information on his blog and free patterns as well.

Number seven is a blogging blog.

Peter Chen's Blogger Tips and Tricks is loaded with all kinds of blog customizing information. Some of it is a little techy, but sometimes it only requires copy-and-paste of some code. Of course, I've always liked computers and messing with html. Not quite as much as fibers and textiles, but close. :)

So there you have it. I hope some of these are new to you and that you will enjoy them as much as I do!

10 comments:

  1. Ooohhh! Good links! Thanks so much for sharing them. And congrats on the award. You are certainly deserving of a "Nice" award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Leigh,
    What a nice surprise! I consider it an honor to join those on your list! Thank you. And congratulations on being chosen, too.
    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Leigh,
    I am honored to be one of your choices, many thanks. And now I'm off to explore the other blogs on your list that are new to me ...
    Amelia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely award and very well deserved - congratulations Leigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Well deserved. And I will definitely check out your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get to add another "nice" to you for sharing such wonderful blogs! I think that is award is a win-win sort of award! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go. No one deserves the "Nice" award more than you. I will certainly check out the blogs you recommened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for including me,and especially for the nice description, Leigh. And thank you for the other links---just what I need to use up all the spare time I have (grin!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that's me on your list! and now I've wandered off about for half an hour looking round these other blogs. What a nice way to relax, meeting new people... Thanks Leigh. By the way, I'm having a quiet week (too much work, I seem to have taken a wrong turning, want to get back to my loom...) but reading towards more book reviews ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Leigh - well deserved! And thanks for those links to other blogs - more reading - as if I didn't have enough already!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!