Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Strawberry Jam

Fresh southern strawberries.






As every gardener knows, some things wait for no one and that includes strawberries! Strawberries are in season here and beckoning to made into shortcake and jam. So, no spinning, weaving, dyeing, or knitting today. However, here’s what I have been doing:

Strawberry jam in the making.















And as I stir the simmering jam I can’t help but think about a dye project or two in this wonderful color.

Jars of freshly canned jam.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so envious! Living in Europe now, I truly miss the rows and rows of lovely strawberries. They're very dear to buy at the market! So, making strawberry jam is now just a fading memory! Yours look delicious. Sigh.

    Cheryl
    PS Thanks for stopping by my blog! Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Our strawberries are not out yet but they should be in a few weeks. I can hardly wait! I will be doing the same thing then! I love homemade jam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!